Table of Contents
- Why do you need to reset Asus router?
- How to reset Asus router through the reset button?
- How to factory reset Asus router through the web GUI?
- How to reset Asus router with the WPS button?
At further distances, the Asus router provides gigabit Wi-Fi speeds. You may occasionally have hardware or software difficulties with your router, as well as sluggish internet on end devices linked to the router’s network. The majority of the problems can be fixed with a simple power cycle. But if you forget your router’s wireless or admin password and are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, you must factory reset Asus router. This article explains the process of Asus router factory reset and Asus router reset password.
Why do you need to reset Asus router?
Resetting your Asus router is one of the simplest techniques of troubleshooting and may resolve virtually all issues, including wireless and security settings. Asus router reset is a necessary step in the troubleshooting process. You may reset the router using either a reset button or the router’s interface. A web interface may be readily accessed using a computer’s browser that is linked to the same network.
How to reset Asus router through the reset button?
- Firstly, locate the reset button on the Asus router’s back or side panel.
- Secondly, take a paperclip and press the reset button for 5-10 seconds.
- Hold the button with the paperclip until the power LED light starts to blink.
- Next, your Asus wifi router will restart and the LED lights will turn on.
- The Asus device is reset and you need to login to the router’s web GUI to reconfigure it.
How to factory reset Asus router through the web GUI?
- The first step is to access the web GUI of the Asus router.
- For that, connect the Asus wifi router to your computer using the wired connection.
- Next, plug in the router as well as your PC to the wall outlet and turn them on.
- Now, launch the browser and type http://router.asus.com in its address bar.
- Afterward, enter the Asus router login default credentials and press login.
- If you forget the password of your router, you have to do the Asus router reset password.
- Now, select the Administration tab from the web configuration page.
- Then click on Restore to complete the Asus router factory reset process.
- All the current settings will be restored to the factory defaults including SSID name and password, internet settings.
- Finally, wait for the Asus wifi router to reboot and use the web GUI to configure its settings again.
How to reset Asus router with the WPS button?
- Firstly, turn off the Asus wireless router.
- Then press and hold the WPS button on the Asus device.
- Next, turn on the router while holding the WPS button.
- When the power LED on the router starts blinking, release the button.
- The Asus wifi router will reboot and the power LED light will stop flashing.
This guide should assist you in resetting your Asus wireless router. If you have any further questions, please contact our support team. Our specialists can provide simple instructions on how to reset Asus router. Our specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or a live chat window.