It’s important to be able to login to the Asus router once in a while. Logging into the Asus router’s admin web console is the only way to update the settings on your network. From adding port forwarding settings to changing Asus router password default, you can configure all the settings. Logging into the Asus router’s interface is also useful to check the security settings. What would you do if you forget the Asus router password though? Fortunately, there are some easy ways to find the Asus router username and password. In this article, you will find easy steps on how to reset the password on an Asus router and change its password.
Finding the Asus router password and username
Check for a sticker on the Asus router
Your Asus wifi router comes with the default credentials that are used to access the router’s admin dashboard. If you have not changed the Asus default credentials yet, then you can sign in with those details.
- First of all, take your Asus router and flip it upside down.
- Now, look at the back or bottom panel of the router.
- You can find a sticker located on the Asus router.
- The default username and password of the Asus wifi router should be provided on this sticker.
- If there’s no sticker on the Asus device, look for the default credentials in the user-manual that came with the router.
Note: The Asus router password default won’t work if you have since changed the details.
Another way to find the Asus router username and password
- Visit router.asus.com on your computer system or mobile phone.
- Now, select your Asus router from the drop down menu.
- Then click on Find Password.
- Next, look for your Asus router model from the list.
- When you find it, note down the Asus router password default.
How to reset password on Asus router?
If you can’t login to the Asus router using its default login credentials, that means you have changed the details. You need to input the customized password to access the Asus router login page. Is the Asus router password not working? If you can’t remember the customized password of the Asus router, then the last option is to reset the router.
The instructions to reset the Asus router are general. When you execute the Asus router reset process, they wipe all the customized settings and set them back to the factory defaults. And then, you have to change all the settings again including the Asus router admin and Wi-Fi password.
- Go to your Asus router and locate the reset button on its bottom panel.
- It should be located in a tiny pinhole on the back or bottom side of the Asus device.
- Now, use a paperclip and insert it into the pinhole to press the reset button.
- Press and hold the button from 5 to 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button when you see a solid green light on the router.
- Next, login to the router’s configuration page when you reset password on Asus router.
How to change the Asus router password through Router.asus.com?
- Firstly, connect your Asus router to a computer system using the Ethernet wire.
- Now, type www.router.asus.com in the browser’s address field and press Enter.
- You can also use the default IP 192.168.1.1 to open the admin console of the Asus router.
- Now, sign in with the Asus default username and password.
- If you can’t login to the Asus router, contact our technical team immediately.
- Once logged in, go to the Admin Settings on the basic home page.
- Now, click on System and then click on Change Password.
- Enter a new admin password in the given box.
- Next, retype the password in the Confirm Password field.
- Click on Save.
How to change the SSID name and password of an Asus router?
The default information of your Asus wireless router is so common that it can be easily hacked by hackers. Changing the SSID name and passwords is important to protect your network from hackers. Here’s what to do.
- The first step is to connect the computer to the LAN port on the Asus wifi router through an Ethernet cable.
- Now, launch the browser and type http://router.asus.com in the address field.
- Then enter the Asus router login credentials to sign in to the web interface.
- Afterward, navigate to the Wireless section.
- Click on General and enter a new complex wireless password in the Passphrase key field.
- Change the Wi-Fi network name by typing a new name in the SSID field.
- Now, select the security mode and encryption key such as WPA2/WPA2-PSK.
- After that, save all the configurations by clicking on the Apply button.
In this article, you have learned how to find the Asus router username and password. You can easily reset and change the password of the Asus device using the steps above. If still, you have any doubts or queries related to the same topic, you can contact our technical team. To contact us, dial our toll-free number or chat online with us today.