How to Setup Asus RT-AX3000 Router
The Asus RT-AX3000 router is programmed to work with the AiMesh wifi system from Asus and works in connecting multiple devices together with the internet. It gives the assurance of high-speed internet. You can configure the router settings by logging in to the web-based utility of the router. The router.asus.com is the default gateway used to access the web-based setup page of the router. The blog given ahead will help you to guide through the Asus router setup.
Asus RT-AX3000 Router Setup
Before starting the setup process, there are some prerequisites you need to be aware of. Go ahead and read them.
- The wired connection is a more appropriate choice when setting up the wireless router to avoid any possible setup issues.
- Any existing router should be disconnected from the power outlet.
- The cable/wires should be disconnected too from the setup.
- Try rebooting the cable modem and the computer.
Set up through wired connection
You always have the option of choosing a straight-through cable or a crossover cable for a wired connection setup. Note the following steps given below for a proper wired connection.
- Put in the router’s AC adapter to the DC port and plug it into the power outlet.
- You can use the network cable to connect the modem with the router. Just be sure that the LAN LED should blink.
- Now, again using another network cable insert the modem’s AC adapter to the DC port and plug it in any power outlet.
Set up through wireless connection
To begin with, the wireless connection, pay heed to the following given instruction.
- Insert the wireless router’s AC adapter into the DC-IN port and plug it into a power outlet.
- Use the network cable to connect the modem to the router.
- Insert the modem’s AC adapter into the DC port and plug it into the power outlet.
Steps to login to the web-based GUI
The web-based GUI can be used to configure the various features of the wireless router. Choose any suitable browser which seems compatible. You can follow the given steps for the same.
- Enter the web address http://router.asus.com.
- After reaching the login page, enter the default username and the password.
- You can use the web GUI to configure the settings of the router.
Basic Troubleshooting For the Asus RT-AX3000 Router
The router may face some issues which cannot be resolved easily so you can try the following troubleshooting tips before proceeding further. You may try things like upgrading the firmware to the latest version, restarting the network in the sequence, checking if the ethernet cable is plugged properly or not. You should also make sure if the wireless settings on the computer match with the computer or not.
- Open the web GUI.
- Visit the advanced settings.
- Click on the administration tab now.
- Choose the Firmware upgrade option.
- Click check to confirm if the latest version is available or not.
- Locate the firmware file from the firmware upgrade page.
- Click upload to upgrade the firmware.
To check the ethernet cable connection
- Check the WAN LED when the ethernet cable connecting the router with the modem is plugged in properly.
- The LAN LED will be on when the ethernet cable connecting the computer is plugged in properly.
Not able to access the router GUI
The router GUI login process may fail due to various reasons, so try following the given steps to resolve the same
- The ethernet cable connection and LED status should be up to the mark and check them regularly.
- Double-check the login information and correct them if it is wrong. Remember to disable the caps lock as the credentials entered are case sensitive.
- Try to Delete the browser cookies, files and history if any as this might cause issues later on with the working.
Forgot the router SSID or network password?
Perform the following steps to restore the SSID (network name) or network password.
- You can perform the reset operation on the router. After the router has been reset, you can now open the GUI, click on the administration. Then click on the restore/save/upload setting and click on restore.
- You can also try to connect the ethernet cable or through a wireless connection, you may proceed to open the web GUI. Now click on the Network map.
- Click on the router icon and enter the new SSID and the password.
- Finally, hit on the apply button to save the settings made.
Disabling the dial-up connection if it’s not
- Click on the start. Go to internet explorer and open the browser.
- After visiting the menu option choose the internet explorer option.
- Now choose the connection menu from internet explorer.
- Select never dial a connection and click on the OK.
Resetting Asus RT-AX3000 Router
If you choose the reset option as the last resort, it will erase all the settings of the router. There are preferably two methods to reset the router.
- Reset using the web GUI.
- Reset using the reset button on the router.
The Asus RT-AX3000 setup and login process can be performed by using the above-mentioned steps. You can consider the troubleshooting tips if you face any issues with the setup and the login process. If you experience any issues with the set-up process or during the login operation, contact our team of experts now and take their guidance. You can also refer to the information given on the website if you consider it necessary.