How to enable and schedule the automatic firmware update for asus router?
It is very much true that thousands of people have busy schedules. Well, it is also a good thing that electronic device manufacturers have been implanting latest technological innovations into devices. Routers, routers now as some of our basic electronic devices, have been enabled with the feature of Automatic software/firmware update. Although it is up to a user to choose if they would like to enable this feature in their Arris router or they prefer to manually check and update the firmware by themselves. The asus router firmware update is not a complex procedure at all. With a proper and full guide, you can successfully enable the automatic firmware update on your Asus router account. Therefore, if this is your first time to enable the automatic update option, you can follow the steps below.
Enabling the Asus automatic firmware update
Before you can begin, you will need to get a browsing device ready and power stable. And also, note down your login details.
- Firstly, go to the Wifi settings of your browsing device and connect it to the network of your Asus router
- Open the browser of your device and input the default IP address http://192.168.0.1 into the web link bar. Press “Enter”
- This command will load the login page. On this page, carefully input the default login details that you have scribbled down. Meanwhile, if you have personalized the login details, then you can go ahead to input that one. Else, you have to use the default login details.
- After that, select “Login”
- You will be on the admin page of your Asus router. On this page, navigate to the “Advanced” menu.
- Under that menu, select “Administration”.
- Further, from the list of options under administration, select “Router Update”.
- Next, you have to scroll and find the “Automatic Firmware Update”
- Once you have found the option, you need to enable it. Choose the “Enable” option
- Lastly, select “Apply”. This will ensure that all your settings and modifications made so far will be saved. And the changes will be applied to the settings of your Asus router.
And that will be the end of how to update asus router firmware. However, if you have had it enabled and you wish to disable it. All you have to do is follow the same steps as stated above but when you arrive at the option to enable or disable the automatic update, kindly select “Disable”. In addition to that, do not forget to select “Apply” after choosing the disable option. Failure to do so, the settings will remain at the automatic update.
Guide on how to perform the asus router firmware update manually
If the firmware of your Asus router goes out of date, it will definitely have a direct effect on your network. And one of the defects you will notice is your network becoming slow. However you stand to gain one or two benefits from updating it. The firmware of your router is more like the brain of your router, when it’s outdated, it will surely affect network flow. Implement these steps to manually update your firmware.
Manual update of Asus firmware
Before we go fully into how to update asus router firmware process, first you need to download the latest version of firmware for your Asus router model. You can download that on the official website of Asus router. After downloading the file, if it’s in a zipped form, you have to unzip it and save it on the local storage of your browsing device.
- Open your browser and in the web link field, input the default Ip address and press “Enter”
- On the next page, you have to input your login details.
- After that, select “Login”
- On your setup page, navigate to “Administration”.
- Under that menu, you will find how to upload the firmware file you have downloaded. Select “Browse” or “Choose file”.
- Afterward, your local storage will be displayed. Choose the right file and select “Upload”
- Subsequently, you have to wait for the upload to be completed. Avoid doing anything else with your device during this upload time as it could terminate the process.
- Finally, once the upload is completed, the Asus router will automatically restart itself. But for assurance purposes, you can perform another restart on your Asus router. This is just to make certain that no file from the previous version is still active.
Quick Asus router troubleshooting steps
Sometimes we wish that our electronic devices would not show any signs of technical error ever. But that’s never the case most times. Notwithstanding, for technical problems such as “asus router firmware not updating”, there is always a solution for them. There are a number of reasons this could happen. Here are a few troubleshooting ideas that you can utilize to solve the issue.
- If you are finding it difficult to update your Asus firmware, it could be that the firmware file you have downloaded is not compatible with your Asus router
- Check and be sure that your connection to the Asus router network is solid. If not, you may encounter an updating error.
- Also, it could be that the IP address you have entered into your browser is not correct.
- If you do not know the correct login details to reach your Asus router account, then you cannot perform the asus router firmware update.