How to Setup the Asus RT-AX56U Router
The Asus RT-AX56U router is capable to give better gaming and internet experience. For Asus router login and to access its features, it’s important to set up the RT-AX56U at your home. To set up your wireless network at home, You are required to have a computer that meets the demands like the Ethernet LAN port, installed IP service and a web browser. Go through this blog and it will help you with the instructions to set up your RT-AX56U.
Steps to Setup the Asus RT-AX56U Router
Before setting up the router, it is important to note the following steps
- A wireless connection to avoid interruptions.
- Confirm that the previous router is disconnected before replacing it.
- Disconnect the cable/wires from your existing modem. If the backup battery is available, remove it as well.
Choose either a straight-through cable or a crossover cable for a wired connection.
- Put your router’s AC adapter into the DC-IN port and plug it into the power outlet.
- The bundled network cable will help to connect the computer and the router.
Confirm if the LAN LED is blinking.
- Connect the modem to the wireless router using another cable.
- Put the modem’s AC adapter into the DC-IN port and plug it into the power outlet.
Follow the given steps to make a connection wirelessly.
- Put your wireless router’s AC adapter into the DC-IN port and power on. Again by using the bundled network connect the modem to the router.
- Inject the modem’s AC adapter into the DC-IN port and plug it into a power outlet.
Logging to the web interface of the Asus RT-AX56U router
The Asus routers always come with the GUI(Graphic user interface) that allows an easy configuration to its various features through a web browser. The Asus router login can be performed effectively using the following guides.
Steps to log into the web GUI
- On your web browser, enter the web address http://router.asus.com or enter the default IP address. It is available with the product package.
- After the login page is accessed, key in the default username and the password.
- Use GUI to configure the various settings of your wireless router.
Connecting to the wireless network
It is important to make a connection with the wireless network after the router is set up. To do the same follow the given steps.
- On the notification area of your computer click on the network option and scan for the available networks.
- Choose the network for connection and click on connect.
- Input the network security key for a secured wireless network and click ok. Wait until the computer establishes a connection to the wireless network successfully. Once it is done, the connection status is displayed and the network icon shows connected status.
Some basic troubleshooting tips for the router
If you are having issues with your router, try some basic troubleshooting guides mentioned below.
- Always check if the firmware is upgraded to the latest version. Go on the advanced settings option, click on the administration and firmware upgrade tab and check it. In case, it is not updated then you must download the latest version and update it.
- Try restarting your network if it is giving some errors in the performance.
- Also, check if the ethernet cables are plugged in properly.
- Cross-check if the wireless settings on your computer sync with the computer’s settings.
- Also, check if the network settings are correct.
Not able to access the router’s GUI using the web browser
- If the computer is wired, check the ethernet cable connection and the LED status.
- Double-check the login information entered. The password is case sensitive.
- The site might work slowly so delete the cookies, history and cache from the web browser.
Forgot the SSID or the network password
in case the situation arises where you forget the SSID, set up a new SSID and encryption key via ethernet cable connection. Launch the web GUI, then go to the network app, click on the router icon, enter the new SSID and encryption key. In the last, click on the apply option.
Hard factory reset
The Asus router reset function should be considered when any of the troubleshooting tips fail to resolve the error. The hard factory reset will erase all the personalized information once saved. Follow the instructions given for reset.
- Switch off the router.
- Press and hold the WPS button and turn the router on.
- Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
- Now, reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.
Reset using the web-based browser
- Log in to the control panel page of the router.
- Visit the administration option.
- Select the restore/save/upload settings.
- For the final move, select the restore option now.
The Asus RT-AX56U router setup, login and other troubleshooting guides have been explained in this blog. If the issues do not resolve, you always have the option of reset as well. But if any doubt persists, visit the website and refer to the setup guide. You can get expert views as well from our technicians.